News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Dessoff chamber music

Started by eschiss1, Thursday 29 December 2016, 13:12

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

I was able to stream the Antes quartet/quintet recording over Naxos Music Library (I have a subscription through IMSLP) so I am guessing that recording at least might be purchasable still in some form, but I absolutely don't know about the other :( ...

But you ask if Audite which produced, I think, the other recording you mention (not the one with the piano sonata- that's a 3rd recording still, I know) is defunct? I receive monthly emails from them...

(Unless you do mean the label that produces the recording with the piano sonata, as I'm now guessing you do. Hrm. Ok, sorry, I did misunderstand, of course. That would take some serious looking into...)

eschiss1

Worldcat only lists recordings from Fantasia Classics from 2001 and 2002, and alternately lists a recording as also associated with Joachim Draheim (born 1950, Berlin) and Gabriele Starke (poss. born ca.1970/dissertation 1993 on Gertrud Baumer?), both at the time working in Stuttgart (Starke in turn was also associated with SWR2 radio).

Alan Howe

It's the Fantasia Classics CD we're talking about, Eric. After all, it contains the Piano Sonata and a String Quartet unavailable anywhere else.

eschiss1

To be clear, the Draheim/Starke label = Fantasia Classics, according to Worldcat... they were the people associated with that label during what may have been its brief existence?, if I understand. I was not very clear (and that's even if I understood correctly). They may be the people to contact about it.

Alan Howe

Gabriele Starke is evidently a "Tonmeisterin" (sound engineer) working for SWR2 Musik (Südwestrundfunk - South West Radio), in Stuttgart. That would explain a lot - according to LinkedIn she has worked there since 1996. Joachim Draheim would appear to be a musical editor of some sort.