CDs half price at Tiroler Landesmuseum

Started by Alan Howe, Friday 03 December 2010, 23:44

Previous topic - Next topic

terry martyn

Thanks for your good wishes,Richard. The package of seven CDs is being prepared for me ,and so I was intrigued by your mention of two Pembaur CDs. I was only aware of the not in stock Symphony dating from 1884,which is coupled with the Cello Concerto. What does the other Pembaur CD contain, and do you have a CD number that I can give to the music curator, should it turn out that this other CD may also yet be found in the recesses of their warehouse?
(The Rufinatscha Piano Concerto is ,sadly, not even available to copy)

Richard Moss

Terry,

The other Pembaur CD is his 'Fest-messe' in F maj 1976 (ca. 40' duration), the CD itself is annotated as '44', I assume meaning number 44 in the Musikmuseum's CD listings. 

I've just had a look at the 'Musikmuseum' CDs in the  web 'shop and I see the Pembaur Mass is not longer listed - perhaps they have run out and do not intend to make any more(?) but may be worth asking in case they still have one available.

Best wishes

Richard

terry martyn

That´s a very good suggestion, Richard.  Thanks!

eschiss1

Pembaur Sr (1848-1923) or Pembaur Jr (1878-1950)? (Either way, since both died before 1976, I'm guessing that's a recording date!!)

(IMSLP has 5 works, 4 of them masses, at present, by the elder composer; one - a violin sonata - by his son.)

Mark Thomas

Richard Moss

Just to confirm Mark's note - the 'Muiskmuseum' CD I have of the Pembaur 'Festmesse' gives his dates as 1848 - 1923 and suggests the work was written in 1876 at  Innsbruck.

Cheers

Richard

terry martyn

Seven Cds duly arrived today, together with a kind note from Mr Holzmann at the museum.  He is keen to have feedback on the music distributed by the Landesmuseen and I will be sending him my comments, once I have played through them all.  If anyone else wishes to provide him with feedback, he can be contacted  at a.holzmann@tiroler-landesmuseen.at

A particularly welcome surprise was that he had found an original ,unplayed, CD of the Pembaur Symphony (rather than copying the office copy) and enclosed that gratis !

I have suggested to him that he might like to think about joining the Forum.

Alan Howe

May I respectfully suggest that, if you intend to post your comments here (which would be great), you don't post feedback on multiple CDs in this thread, but use the search facility to locate the original threads on each CD?

I would be particularly interested in your comments on Rufinatscha's 1st...
http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,5385.30.html

...and 5th (please start a new thread).

Thanks!

terry martyn

Thanks for this,Alan.  It will take me a few days before I can do this, but it is much better to do that on the particular CD thread. There may be a number that I have received that haven´t a thread at all, and, if they are worth commenting on, I will start them up. This thread, concerning the Landesmuseen and their assistance, is a wee bit of a hybrid, in my opinion

What has become obvious is that it is worth asking the Landesmuseen about CDs that seem to be deleted completely, or not currently in stock. Mr Holzmann has,for example, promised to notify me if the Rufinatscha Piano Concerto (no 62 in the Landesmuseen catalogue) reappears. Apparently, some devotees of the Landesmuseen occasionally gift their CDs back, so that others can enjoy them.

Alan Howe