News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Hérold Piano Concertos

Started by Alan Howe, Saturday 30 July 2011, 12:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

Hope springs eternal, I suppose, But I shall be reading reviews here very carefully before I commit, I think.

Alan Howe

Well, the excerpts at jpc sound lovely, so the CD's now on my wants list...

JimL

They sound rather more Late Classical then Romantic.  Still, not bad...

eschiss1

I know the forum's much more about Romantic than Classical, but I hope - apologies, this is not about anyone in the forum truly and sincerely!!... - I always hope our ears are more about quality than about style ;^)

Josh

Lately, this board is more about post-Romantic 20th century anyway, so maybe going back further into the past will offset that a bit!  The excerpts do sound pretty nice, I think I'll get this myself.  And by the way, most of Hérold's lifetime was in what is usually referred to as the Classical period (often considered to end in 1825 or so)... it's not so surprising that his music might sound that way!

TerraEpon

Oh man, totally forgot about this one.

I almost wanna sigh at how many times I keep trying to 'catch up' and then a bunch of new stuff comes along...

Peter1953

A month ago all 4 PCs were released, see here.

Ser Amantio di Nicolao

I actually found this disc secondhand and purchased it for my father for Christmas.  (Don't worry...he doesn't post here.  ;D)  I'll report on his report once he's heard them.