Main Menu

Hopes for 2012

Started by M. Henriksen, Friday 11 November 2011, 23:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Quote from: alberto on Saturday 12 November 2011, 13:45
I have to add:
G.F.Ghedini Four pieces by Frescobaldi transcribed for orchestra
                   Pezzo concertante for two violins, viola and orch.
G.F.Malipiero Concerti for orchestra
                      Cello concerto

Just in case you aren't aware but there is a cd recording of Malipiero's Cello Concerto with Siegfried Palm and the Festival Orchestra di villa Marigola/Giuseppe Garbino on Nuovo Era.

alberto

For British Composer: I apologize but "in primis", as very unpratical of the web possibilities, I am not able to make uploads.
I have no recording of the two Malipiero pieces quoted by me.
I do have one "historical" recording of the two Ghedini works -and also of the "Pezzo concertante" (Guido Cantelli and NBC) on a CD of the label "ASdisc".
The label doesn't exist longer since some years; AS means "Andra Scarduelli": a gentleman who I suppose still living (and/or with heirs).
By the way I am not quite sure if Mr. AS had really legally the rights to produce and sell on CD those remote (but not too much: early fifties) radio broadcasts; so hypotetical uploads of AS disc could raise odd problems.
I thank Dundonnell for his indication of the Malipiero; but it was a Cd (I newer saw physically) of a label disappeared since some years.
From the same performers I do have a CD of the Casella Cello concerto (and of some other Casella works).
Years ago I had notice of an LP recording of the Pizzetti Cello Concerto with Mainardi and Giulini (no less) on the esoteric Canadian label Rococo (I have three or four LPs Rococo), but I never saw it.
Anyway my wish-list represents, besides a personal wish, also the desire of a kind of a dissemination of works I deem very worthy (I have at least listened them all).

britishcomposer

alberto, I am sorry to have caused a misunderstanding: I did not want you to upload anything but asked if you would like to have any of these pieces uploaded by me.
But as you say you already have recordings of the Ghedini pieces. :)

alberto

British composer, I thank you for your kindness and in my turn I apologize for my much perfectible English (it was that which caused the little misunderstanding).
In the occasion I indicate a further work in the wish-list:
Nino Rota: "Variazioni su un tema gioviale" for orchestra.

Jonathan

I've heard of a possible recording of some of Liszt's unrecorded orchestral music.  I am awaiting further news...

giles.enders

All you dreamers.  I am waiting for some one to say, I will give £5,000 towards a recording of ?  will some one match this.  It comes down to money.

Mark Thomas

Nothing wrong with dreaming, Giles, but I do agree. I've already done my bit over the last few years and its quite amazing the doors which money will open...

jerfilm

Giles, months and months ago I offered $5000 toward a possible recording project hoping that others might step up to the plate (as we say in baseball).  But it was completely ignored so I dropped the subject.....

Jerry

Christo

My wish list is very modest. I would be completely satisfied if Dutton, or another label, would embark on symphonic cycles of:

Arnold Cooke (6)
Stanley Bate (3, after the First was withdrawn - but Peggy Glanville-Hicks claimed he wrote "a dozen or more symphonies"!)
Léon Orthel (6)
Ruth Gipps (5)
William Wordsworth (8, isn't it?)

Alan Howe

Ahem, no wish-lists allowed in this thread! See previous reminder...

Christo

Quote from: Alan Howe on Tuesday 15 November 2011, 21:03
Ahem, no wish-lists allowed in this thread! See previous reminder...

Oops. I wish I'd noticed it and I hope you'll forgive my transgression.  :-[ I do have high hopes of the ongoing Dutton project that brings us a about two new compositions by Stanley Bate every year. Now they've embarked on his piano concertos (there are five of them), no doubt, after the second of last month, more will follow in 2012.  :)

Alan Howe

No problem, Christo! It's just that allowing wish-lists here will detract from a discussion of known future releases. Do feel free to start another thread on that subject...

Good to have you on the forum!

M. Henriksen

I was wondering... Schreker's opera Der Schmied von Gent was mentioned earlier on this forum as already recorded by cpo. Could 2012 be the year we'll see it issued. Any news on this one?

Morten

Paul Barasi

Hans Rott: lieder; Hamlet overture; Jarvi conducting 1st symphony (what warehouse this struck in?)

William Wallace: more symphonic poems; MacPhersons; Freebooters

Gus Mahler: symphony - Budapest 1889 version; Scherzo in C Minor and Presto in F Major

George Fred Bristow: more symphonies

albion

Quote from: M. Henriksen on Monday 12 December 2011, 19:42
I was wondering... Schreker's opera Der Schmied von Gent was mentioned earlier on this forum as already recorded by cpo. Could 2012 be the year we'll see it issued. Any news on this one?

Morten

No news on this as yet, but it surely won't be too long now ...

::)

... if CPO don't get a move on, I might just have to upload my broadcast!

;)