News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Hopes for 2012

Started by M. Henriksen, Friday 11 November 2011, 23:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Barasi

... and about time there were some Wilfred Josephs CDs of his major works, like symphonies.

malito

I said I would not die until I heard all of the Myaskovsky symphonies and, lo and behold, all were released in the now famous box set.  Now I want to hear the Pizzetti Violin Concerto (how has that not been taken up by someone???) and so many more.  Every day I thank God that I discovered serious music in college.  Mal

isokani

Janis Medins: 24 Dainas [first CD recording]
Egon Kornauth: Piano works vol.1

alberto

About reply 24, for Mal.
The Pizzetti Violin Concerto exists on Bongiovanni 5162-2 (2010 release). Crtomir Siskovic soloist, Orch.Filarmonica Marchigiana cond. Daniele Agiman. The work is substantial and, for me, magnificent, the performance IMHO more than acceptable.
Couplings: Dallapiccola Tartiniana Seconda; Casella : La Giara suite from the ballet (uncomplete, as the tenor soloist is missing, and that is not acceptable).

violinconcerto

Quote from: alberto on Monday 26 December 2011, 08:34
About reply 24, for Mal.
The Pizzetti Violin Concerto exists on Bongiovanni 5162-2 (2010 release). Crtomir Siskovic soloist, Orch.Filarmonica Marchigiana cond. Daniele Agiman. The work is substantial and, for me, magnificent, the performance IMHO more than acceptable.
Couplings: Dallapiccola Tartiniana Seconda; Casella : La Giara suite from the ballet (uncomplete, as the tenor soloist is missing, and that is not acceptable).

Just a small correction: The coupled work by Dallapiccola is not the second Tartiniana, but the first one!

Best,
Tobias

eschiss1

More Kornauth is a good thing, from what I've seen (I should try to get a listen to what little there is, including a work coupled with Robert Fuchs' lovely-in-my-honest-opinion clarinet quintet...)

violinconcerto

Just want to let all members here know that in a few days a recording of the second violin concerto by Gian Francesco Malipiero will be released by the Italian label Stradivarius - that is a world premiere recording some of you definitely were waiting for years! Soloist in the performance is Francesco Parrino and it is coupled with the flute concerto, symphony No.6 "degli archi" and "Rispetti e strambotti", all by G.F. Malipiero.

Here the website of the record label: www.stradivarius.it

Best,
Tobias

eschiss1

Thanks for the news! I have a few Stradivarius CDs (archive  broadcasts, mostly) and have been interested in hearing the 2nd Malipiero concerto...

Dundonnell

Excellent news indeed about the Malipiero Violin Concerto No.2 and Flute Concerto :)

This release will plug two important gaps in the Malipiero discography.