News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Serly Concertino 3x3 @WCNY

Started by eschiss1, Saturday 02 June 2012, 03:49

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

ok, this work isn't unrecorded either- it's been on LP and CD - the latter in volume 5 from "Music from the Fleischer Collection"- once each (sorry!)

Serly Tibor's (1901-78) Piano Concertino 3-times-3 (1964-5) will be on WCNY-FM Syracuse, NY in a January 1967 broadcast (Karl Kritz/Syracuse Symphony Orchestra/Miriam Molin, piano) on Sunday June 3 (this next week; Henry Fogel hosts this series of broadcasts or hosted the original program, it's not clear from the description- has he had a connection with the Syracuse Symphony as well as the Chicago Symphony and with Fanfare?...)

at 12 pm Eastern Daylight Time.

(I used to get this good station on Radio Cable but no longer do. It does webstream, though not comfortably. I no longer can tape- well, not at the moment, anyway.
If this post is inappropriate- I felt that it seemed "near enough" the parameters of the subforum, somehow - apologies.)

There is, by the way, indeed a series of CDs on the Albany Label which selects music from the Free Library of Philadelphia's Fleischer Collection (as the theme, or what have you. The library in town where I volunteer has another CD in that series. Paul Freeman conducting, usually, I think. _Excellent_ notion, I say, since the collection already so often has the scores and parts... :) anyways.)

See DRAM online for some information on the CD of this work, besides (including the PDF liner notes.)

Another edit: Miriam Molin recorded the concertino on LP with the composer (not Kritz) conducting.