Z. Lukáš: Poupata (Buds) Op.38

Started by eschiss1, Sunday 17 June 2012, 17:16

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Don't know if this -has- been recorded... it's for children's chorus and orchestra, premiered 1964, and a studio recording? conducted by Martin Turnovsky will be on D-Dur Rozhlas (Czech radio) tomorrow afternoon (morning in my area) - schedule.  They do webcast (several feeds.) (Some information about the work with some excerpts from each of the six movements of the manuscript, on a website devoted to the composer here.)

MikeW

As far as I can tell from cross-referencing the Lukas site with my own Lukas library, at least some of the pieces are available sans orchestra on recordings such as this: http://www.cdmusic.cz/inshop/scripts/detail.asp?ItemID=1133

For example, track #11 is Sedum trubačů, which is the first of the Poupata

There are a few other recordings of Czech folk poetry with Lukas contributions which may overlap, but Spring themes are extremely common in his oeuvre and my Czech is non-existent. ::)

eschiss1

Ah. Ok, so it has been recorded partially after a fashion (maybe not the Turnovsky performance and not the same instrumentation, but this subforum is for unrecorded works, not new recordings of unusual works.) Got it and thanks!

MikeW

Thanks for bringing it my attention.

I've finally worked out where their network media stream is, so now I can record it with VLC.

Now if I can work out how to set up artist alerts...

eschiss1

I listen to them using iTunes (the link is at http://www.rozhlas.cz/iradio/zive#web, then click a link near the top-ish left - translates to Main Radio Stations - and scroll down. I chooses MP3. Interestingly, their main classical station, Radio 3 Vltava, which has more live concerts etc. than D-Dur and may be more relevant to some things we like here in the long term (since D-Dur usually plays from LPs and CDs), also has webstreams now- I don't know if they did when I first found out about them over a decade ago...) Some Foerster is on now, followed by a Janacek opera...

Artist alerts - hrm! I wonder if they have timely schedule RSS feeds of some sort, now I think on it. Radio Vltava's podcast has an RSS feed, not the same thing though..

(The MP3 one seems not to work at the moment, so I'm using the AAC 128 one instead... I don't have VLC or a similar player installed at the moment though I have often in the past.)