Joseph-Guy Ropartz(1864-1955): a Catalogue of the Complete Music

Started by Dundonnell, Saturday 30 June 2012, 04:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Thank you very much for your kind words, Balapoel :)  I do very much appreciate your sentiments :)

I have gone back through all of your posts and have found that you had added to 19 out of the almost 260 catalogues I had posted on this site. Your immensely valuable additions to the 19 catalogues means that I have retitled each of them as "...a Catalogue of the Complete Music"

You may feel that such a title is a bold statement to make but I feel that it will leave members in no doubt that the catalogue is not simply a list of purely orchestral or orchestral/vocal/choral works as listed by me in the other catalogues. And..if they feel that they can or should add more works then that would obviously be just great ;D

If, by chance, I have missed any of your lists within posts started by me just let me know and I shall retitle those also :)

You do encourage me to continue.......but, as I have said repeatedly, if you or indeed anyone else would like to add to my lists to make them more comprehensive and, therefore, of more use and value to others then please, please do so :) :)

Mark Thomas

Thanks Dundonnell for renaming the catalogues which have been made significantly more comprehensive by Belapoel's researches. As to the general issues raised by Alan, you'll not be surprised by the fact that I agree with him.

Dundonnell

Given the sentiments expressed in such clear and unambiguous terms by both Administrators I feel that it would now be sensible for me to desist from posting any more of these catalogues.

I apologise to those who did find them of some use :(

Mark Thomas

Oh, don't be silly. Are we not entitled to express our own opinions as members of the forum? No, I don't find partial catalogues very useful but clearly many others do and that's fine. If you want to flounce off in a huff that's your decision, but it's one that I regret and won't have laid at my door.

Alan Howe

...nor at mine. As Mark has said, some find the partial catalogues of use, so clearly they have a place at UC. But to meet our reasoned reservations with an announcement that you will therefore desist from posting any more of them is very far from sensible. A better response to criticism is surely to consider how such catalogues might be improved for the benefit of the forum...

JimL

Yeah, you do the orchestral/choral stuff and let Balapoel do the chamber/instrumental stuff, as he seemed to volunteer to do anyway.  Works for me. :)

Alan Howe

Quote from: JimL on Monday 02 July 2012, 14:59
Yeah, you do the orchestral/choral stuff and let Balapoel do the chamber/instrumental stuff, as he seemed to volunteer to do anyway.  Works for me. :)

Great. Perhaps you'll do the vocal and opera stuff, then? Works for me  ;D

JimL

Alan Howe

Quote from: JimL on Monday 02 July 2012, 15:18
Unfortunately, those are precisely NOT my fortés.  :D :(

I'm sure those who do have the skills would be willing to instruct you...

JimL

In opera and vocal music?  Thank you, but...I must respectfully decline in favor of fans of the same. ;D

Alan Howe

Quote from: JimL on Monday 02 July 2012, 18:56
In opera and vocal music?  Thank you, but...I must respectfully decline in favor of fans of the same. ;D

Oh, come, come. Perform a public service. Just once...