News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Who invented the Scherzo?

Started by John H White, Tuesday 16 July 2013, 16:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Quote from: John H White on Friday 19 July 2013, 10:20
That's really interesting Josh, but did it sound anything like the scherzos associated with Haydn's late quartets or Beethoven's early symphonies?

I sent you a private message concerning this several days ago.  I'm replying publicly because I'm not sure if you received it; it may not have actually been delivered, or has gotten lost somehow.  Or possibly you - like me - don't normally check for private messages and haven't noticed that you've received one.

John H White

I don't recall receiving a private message from you Josh, maybe you didn't have the right e-mail address.  If you like to re-send it my address is:
           john@albis.freeserve.co.uk
Anyway, many thanks for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you when you have the time.
     Cheers,
          John.

Alan Howe

John: a PM is usually sent via this website...

John H White

I assume, Alan, that Josh was unable to contact via this web site.

Alan Howe

No, I think his post makes it clear that he tried to contact you using a message sent via this website. I trust the situation is now resolved.

eschiss1

Even if one thinks one has one's PM settings set, some sites turn them off on you just out of sheer stubborn bugginess once in awhile- not sure if that's what's called the perversity of the inanimate...

petershott@btinternet.com

A splendid phrase! (Maybe applicable to Gramophone magazine?)

Alan Howe

Anyway, back to the topic, please...