News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Johannes Haarklou

Started by Aramiarz, Monday 15 September 2014, 02:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Aramiarz

Dear friends that wait listen Haarklou, in Youtube there are few pieces from him, but it's the third symphony! It's a beautiful work in late romanticism, I like very much this work, I fell one deep sorrow (nostalgie).  Soon, We will can listen his piano concert, 4th symphony And one Overture. it's one composer that deserve to be rescue And listen him!

Aramiarz

This is the Link for You can listen the Haarklou's 4 Symphony, sorry!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fFdPV9JTs

Aramiarz

I have these Scores:
   Marisagnet (Overture), this work is dedicated to Halvorsen,
   The piano concert
    The 4 fouth symphony,

One friend mine, Excellent pianist, played to me the firsts pages of the piano concert, wonderful!

I hope very soon have notice very importants about these Haarklou's legacy. I tryed  to get the score of the third symphony, but the e~Mail adress isn't exact And the system rejected me!  Info@mic.no

I don't understand as the norwegian, don't rescue Haarklou.. , >:(

JimL

SeƱor Aramiarz, could you post the movements of the 4th Symphony, since you have the score?

Aramiarz

Dear Jim

Hello! Thank You for your interest! I'm glad for this.  I left these Scores with my friend pianist, he traveled for performed the Ponce's first piano concert, he will Return this monday. Next week, please I will wrote the movements of the third symphony And piano concert, sorry by me confuse :(, I have the third. I want get the fourth, but the website in Norway rejected my e-Mail Message.

Aramiarz

The page in Norway provided this adress for contact:

Info@mic.no

But the system rejected it!!

Aramiarz

I researched And found the correct Link, Mic closed,  :'(, Norway have one new Society for their Scores, I send them, one Message, I have some a lot of interest in fourth symphony

Aramiarz

Dear Jim, hello again! I have the score of the Symphonie 4, Es-Dur,
1 movement: Andante,
2 movement: Adagio
3 mov: Allegretto
4 mov: Allegretto giocoso

In the last page:

Leipzig Jan 1920, 28 mai 1922.

eschiss1

ah thanks much! I have the recording and am glad to be able to add the information. (If you have metronome information and/or internal tempi, even better, but that's lagniappe and greedy of me. :D :D )

Aramiarz

Dear friend!! Ok! I will write the info, the score contain the metronome speed!!
What is your opinion about this symphony? I like very much!!!

musiclover

Sorry, but I am a bit confused here....before I get too excited about this....is there a recording being released or planned....and if so what is on it and when will it be released?

eschiss1

Not aware of any.  MDT does list a set of CDs of his songs from 2010, but I know of no commercial recording plans (well, not that I would...) There was also a 1990s recording of a fair amount of his organ music, I'm reminded after searching @ MIC Norway; and non-commercial/radio recordings made, I think, of some orchestral works including not just the 4th symphony but also the "Requiem uten ord" (conducted by Per Dreier), St. Olafslegende (conducted by Sverre Bruland), his violin/piano suite, etc.

Aramiarz

I like very much Haarklou's music, We have the object of rescue not only mexican Romantic music: Ponce, Castro, Miramontes, Curiel, etc, moreover Moor, Haarklou, Scharwenka Phillipp, Gabriel Dupont, Charles Bordes, Witkowski, etc. I have score And parts of the Haarklou's third symphony, piano concert And the Marisagnet Overture. I have next year performance And recording this works. In last days received the fourth symphony score. Only score. The next year I hope, one friend will make the parts!

eschiss1

That reminds me of a thread of a few years back, in a way (a forum member mentioned that a conductor was looking for -- serious and practicable (score, parts, recording - offair broadcasts included - available) -- suggestions for an upcoming possible performance of something unsung) - or it would if you'd said in addition that you were accepting suggestions- which you didn't, it's true :D

As to parts, is your friend using computer software or the rather older method of manual copying? (My own preference in the former is LilyPond, but I gather Sibelius is more often actually used, and I'm not a professional, a conductor, or etc. ...)

Alan Howe

QuoteWe have the object of rescue...

Aramiarz: so do you work for a classical CD label?