Cellist Natalie Clein on unsung music

Started by Alan Howe, Monday 29 September 2014, 17:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

That is, broadly speaking, an accurate assessment of the Proms, I think. I hardly bother to listen to the radio broadcasts these days and over the past few years the only concerts I have attended have been one including Scriabin's PC and Parry 5, a John Wilson evening, Brian's Gothic, Peter Grimes and Billy Budd. They are desperately deficient in unsung music of past eras.

Aramiarz

Dear friends anyone of You have listened the Castro cello concert? It was premiered in Belgium with  very well welcome! It's the first mexican cello concert. It's in Youtube. The solist isn't very good but We wait soon listen one best version.

Aramiarz

Aramiarz

Ricardo Castro (1864-1907) was one very important mexican Romantic composer And too one very gifted pianist. He dedicated pieces to importants composers as: Chaminade (op 15, 6 preludes), Delafosse (vals Bluette And one Landler), Moritz Moskowski (op 20 concert studies), Isidore Phillipp (studies about one Clementi's theme, after say You the opus, I don't remember it now!), Ballade op 5 dedicated to Eugene D'Albert etc., the piano concert was dedicated to Reinecke, the cello concert to Max Loevensohn, 2 pieces opus 24 dedicated to Sgambati! Remember that this composer was presented in the judge that gave the first place to Mascagni by Cavalleria Rusticana, the two pieces are the Tarantella And barcarolle, this last name If my memory don't fail!)