Voříšek: Variazioni di bravura

Started by UnsungMasterpieces, Saturday 31 January 2015, 18:16

Previous topic - Next topic

UnsungMasterpieces

[These comments on the download of this work have been moved here. Please note: the DOWNLOADS BOARD IS ONLY FOR DOWNLOADS. Mark]

Nice piece, but it's commercially available.

Alan Howe

Is this performance available? On which label, please?

eschiss1

Correction from Rozhlas, btw- pianist is  Zdeněk Kožina, not   Kožena (- like the soprano whose first name is Magdalena).

A websearch "Voříšek" "Zdeněk Kožina" "Liška" turns up nothing except a few radio-related links. So at a guess anyway, it's a studio or concert-related recording...

UnsungMasterpieces

Well, I'm not sure about that particular performance, but the piece is available on CD, I thought on the label Supraphon.

Gareth Vaughan

Available in MP3 format here I think: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vo-Symphony-Variations-bravoure-Introduction/dp/B008A602BI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422789651&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=Vorisek+%2BBoris+Krajny
The recording dates from 1986 (?), originally released on vinyl. But this is NOT the same performance as the one in the Downloads section of this forum.
Unfortunately, none of the Vorisek concertante pieces we had in the Downloads section appears to be available any more!

Mark Thomas

On that basis, for now I'll leave it be. Thanks.

Alan Howe

QuoteWell, I'm not sure about that particular performance, but the piece is available on CD, I thought on the label Supraphon.

Availability does not preclude an upload at UC. It has to be the same performance for this not to be allowed.

eschiss1

Or - I think - (I'm no admin or even in the line of hide-me-during-SotU-address succession) perhaps in some cases, a strong suspicion of its being the same performance, even if dates cannot be exactly established as being the same (on the better safe &c principle, perhaps. But I'm not sure that applies here either, no.

Gareth Vaughan

Well since it can't be downloaded from the Downloads section anymore the whole question seems rather academic (grumpy hurrumph!)

eschiss1

I could see if I downloaded the mp3 (downsized to 128) and reupload it...

Alan Howe

That'd be very good of you, Eric. Neither Mark or I know where it went....

Mark Thomas

Thanks for making it available again, Eric.

Gareth Vaughan

Alan Howe

eschiss1