Earsense Chamber Music Database

Started by westham, Wednesday 11 March 2015, 04:48

Previous topic - Next topic

westham

I hope this is an appropriate venue to ask whether anyone here has a connection to the Earsense.org database, and if so, knows why it has been offline for approaching a week.

I'm hoping it hasn't gone for good, as it is a fabulous resource for unsung (and sung) composers and compositions.

Sonjay89

I've had the same problem. I have copy and pasted the canon and the outliers/discovery lists into a microsoft excel spreadsheet if you or anyone else would like the lists.

westham

Sonjay

If your spreadsheet is searchable by type (e.g. piano trio) I would be very interested.

Gareth Vaughan

Sonjay89

I'm not seeing an option to simply attach a document to the post, so I guess I could e-mail it to you guys if you have your addresses listed.

And you can just press control + f and then you can search by keyword.

Santo Neuenwelt

Kai Christensen, the owner of Earsense, told me that his site was hacked and that as a result of this, he had some disagreement with his host server company and that his website was removed from their servers unilaterally.

He is changing hosts, but it will take a while for him to upload all of the files that were on the website. Fortunately, he says, no files were lost. He is hoping to be up and running soon.

Mark Thomas

That's very good news. Thanks for the info, Santo.

westham

westham

Those of you who use Earsense will be pleased to know that it is back online. 

Many thanks to Kai Christensen who owns it for not losing heart when it was hacked, and taking the time to re-establish it.

Delicious Manager

Sonjay, I would also love to have a copy of that document.

earsense

Greetings folks! I came upon this forum thread while searching for something. It was a delight to read that you all were interested in earsense.
My name is Kai Christiansen, the founder of earsense and, frankly, the only one who works on the site :-)
Just saying hello. Your posts motivated me to register with Unsung Composers in order to communicate.
cheers!

earsense

BTW, after reading this thread, I scrutinized my "lists" and noticed things were out of order due to some bugs that showed up when I relaunched.
I have groomed the lists again and they are in good shape.
I would be interested to hear any feedback about this concept of intersecting lists. I find it quite interesting  8)

PrinceIgor

Can you tell me what steps Earsense.org takes to ensure that it has copyright to the music that is posted at earsense.org?  I noticed that on the website of earsense.org, one can find "all rights reserved" language with the rights purportedly being reserved to Kai Christensen.  However, I also noticed this on the "about" page: "earsense is also a "data server" providing content for other sites. Members can "embed" data in their own web sites including composer and work information with dates, movement listings, audio, visual and other related media.  In other words, if one is a member of Earsense.org, it appears that one is encouraged to embed works that potentially Mr. Christiansen does not have the copyright to, but which he still thinks he has reserved rights for.