Raul Koczalski Piano Concerto Nos.3 & 4

Started by markniew, Thursday 13 September 2018, 18:34

Previous topic - Next topic

markniew

Acte Prealable announces Piano Concerto no. 3 by Raul Koczalski.
http://www.acteprealable.com/

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

Thanks for the good news, but I don't see any announcement on the Acte Prealable web site. Do you have a link, please?

Alan Howe

See beneath the photo, Mark - the article: 'Raul Koczalski – another premiere.'

Mark Thomas

Thanks Alan. Still didn't see it, but I cleared my browser's cache and all was revealed. Good to know that the soloist's performance was "bodacious"! I wonder what the coupling will be - or is it a monstrous CD-filler?

Gareth Vaughan

Well the site doesn't say it has been recorded yet. Maybe they will couple it eventually with No. 4, which Jan seems confident he will be able to find.

FBerwald

Actually the Acte Prealable web site states that all the other concertos - Piano Concertos 4 - 6, the Violin Concerto, Cello Concerto and 2 Symphonies Op. 78, 93 - are "in preparation", so I think they have all the scores in hand.

Gareth Vaughan

Marvellous news. I must obviously look at the site more closely!

Alan Howe

bodacious = excellent, admirable, attractive (North American informal - that explains it!) Reminds me of those bodacious friends Julian and Sandy...

Mark Thomas

Ah, I see. I thought it was a non-pc comment on her looks!

Alan Howe

Rob H

I seem to remember their site saying something about the 3rd Concerto being coupled with one of his Symphonies.

Mark Thomas

Gareth Vaughan

Well, the first Koczalski CD was called "Piano concertos, Volume 1", so I would expect Vol. 2 to contain two more piano concertos. But I could be wrong. We will have to wait patiently and see.

semloh

Reminds me of those bodacious friends Julian and Sandy...
... now that bespeaks a person of "a certain age"!  ;D