Alexander Grechaninov Op.142 - Missa Oecumenica

Started by VladCanon, Thursday 17 January 2019, 00:17

Previous topic - Next topic

VladCanon

Our professional choir in Vladivostok, Russia want to perform Grechaninov's Missa Oecumenica Op. 142 at two Easter concerts (April 29, 30).  I have scoured the internet looking for the orchestral score or at least the organ score.  All we have is a piano score.  We need this very soon. It was recorded in 1999  by the Russian State Symphonic Cappella and Symphony Orchestra and the CD released by Chandos, but I have no contacts with those organizations. It is listed on the IMSLP Petrucci Music Library web site as existing in the form of an unpublished photocopy, but there is no link to purchase or download. Can anyone help?

eschiss1

My guess is that when the recording was made for Chandos, an edition was prepared from the manuscript which is probably???? at New York Public Library Research Library along with so many other manuscripts of his (they list three whole large bundles of Grechaninov manuscripts as well as many individual manuscript works eg the unfinished 6th symphony in the NYPL online catalog). It is -possible- that RSL (in Moscow?) also has a copy, it's worth searching their catalog too to see what they have by him?...

eschiss1

when I search "Гречанинов 142" @ rsl.ru I find immediately a 163-page score listed- is that the piano score you already have or is it more the full score you want?... (I don't know Russian, I translated his name using Wikipedia, mea maxima culpa...) (and the 2nd result has 105 pp, but "перелож. для пения с фп" probably means arranged for singing with piano or something like that.)

Alan Howe

VladCanon

Thank you to all of you who responded so quickly!  I will try all of these leads.  I have a very good friend in NYC who may be able to help me.  I will also look online on the site mentioned to see if the score listed is the piano score or another.  Thanks again.  I will post again when I learn something new.