Boughton, Reissiger, Halvorsen - live online

Started by KenjiF, Friday 22 May 2020, 06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

KenjiF

Trio Anima Mundi is giving a live concert via Melbourne Digital Concert Hall on Thursday 28 May at 7pm Melbourne, Australia time.

The programme includes Rutland Boughton's Celtic Prelude, a sample of Carl Gottlieb Reissiger's 4th Piano Trio, Johan Halvorsen's Passacaglia (violin/cello) amongst others.

More information/tickets here: https://melbournedigitalconcerthall.com/trio-anima-mundi-songs-without-words/

KenjiF

Forgot to add, I'm the pianist in the group Trio Anima Mundi...!

Alan Howe

Congratulations to you all for such adventurous programming!

Gareth Vaughan

semloh

Marvellous programme, and a great response to our current restrictions. Maybe Trio Anima Mundi will come to the Australian Chamber Music Festival in Townsville next year, when it is back to 'normal' and I can be part of the live audience.  :)

KenjiF

HI everyone, thank you for your encouragement! It is wonderful to have such support!
As for Townsville, absolutely...we just have to get that invitation to come along...!

On a separate note, if anyone can help me with tracking down any of Reissiger's solo piano music...much appreciated!

Alan Howe

For those wishing to 'attend' this concert in the UK, the start date/time will be Thursday 28th May at 10am as Melbourne (where the start time is 7pm) is 9 hours ahead of us.

This was confirmed when I bought my ticket this morning...

Mark Thomas

eschiss1

KenjiF- we have a little @ IMSLP, and we're always interested in trying to find more- I have some ideas and will have a look... (only 3 solo piano works - link - in the category at present, and the "Fairy Waltz" might actually belong to a collection.)

eschiss1

Intriguingly, Reissiger-carl-gottlieb.de is an opus list with holding libraries (some of which may have digitized- not sure all of them are "these have already been digitized, go and download!- but one could go check. I mean the Bibliothek: OBV, SLUB, BSB etc. fields of this opus list. Oh: it does have a "digital" field with more information. So that's even better.) Edit: so for example, Staatsbibliothek Berlin has his piano sonata Op.93, and maybe someone could ask them to digitize it once that sort of thing is beginning again.

eschiss1

Also, his Rondeau mignon Op.47 has been digitized already by Dresden (see SLUB.) So there is more stuff for piano by him to play available.

Alan Howe

This was a superb concert, spoilt only by the loss of video and - just before the end of the Mendelssohn - a brief loss of sound. But maybe others were more fortunate than I.

Anyway, the real treat for fans of unsung music was the very beautiful slow movement from Reissiger's 4th Piano Trio - full of melody and with especially lovely writing for the cello at the outset. Let's trust that Trio Anima Mundi will be able to go forward with their project to record all Reissiger's piano trios.

Wheesht

Absolutely agree – a wonderful concert! And without UC I would have missed out on this. In addition to making my first acquaintance with Reissiger I was especially happy to hear and see some Boughton chamber music in concert.

mikehopf

Yes, what a treat! I didn't really get the comparison between Mendelssohn and German carrot sauce though??

Alan Howe