Peinemann's Reger concerto now available again

Started by eschiss1, Sunday 07 July 2024, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Amati has now reissued what looks like Edith Peinemann's 1990 recording of Reger's violin concerto with Wolf-Dieter Hauschild and the Stuttgart Philharmonic, available digitally on Presto as of 2 days ago. (Not the first reissue they've made of it, it's true.) (It's also available digitally for $4 on Amazon US, or through other sellers on CD.) Very well-regarded recording of (what I hear as) a warm and lyrical concerto that's also one of his best works, I think...

Alan Howe

Thanks for pointing it out, Eric. There are, of course, quite a number of alternative recordings these days. My only concern would be that Peinemann's is a very slow performance at 62:23, with most other recordings coming in at around 55 minutes. However, my interest is piqued...

eschiss1

I already have two recordings in my collection (Scherzer/Blomstedt at 58 minutes and Forchert/Stein at 54) but at the price and given my Reger-tropism? could probably be convinced to give it a listen and even buy it. :) (Yes, I know how I come off, and my being very part-time and low-income isn't actually an excuse. Sorry...)

eschiss1

Thank you. Some time I'll have to consider the "ad-free" plan so I can go on some of my "walks" (paces ;) ) with YouTube as an option in addition to my other options- right now the ads make that option infeasible...